SGUK Podcast Episode 60
This podcast looks at the less than confident belief that the UK Monarchy and its partners have certain sectors of the population in their thoughts with their apparent views on those sectors. Partners in this case are, as I have stated many times in previous podcasts are as follows:- government, aristocracy, police, media – both printed and televised. As the title suggests, those perceptions are based on what each of those societal groups do, not what they say when elections are near, or any of their fellow groups mentioned are in the limelight for not so glowing reasons. As usual, each have the others backs because each of them on their own, are less powerful, than when they come together.
The extreme views held by many in these groups, and that is not assumption, there is hard evidence readily available. The protection of each other preserves and maintains the power of the group. In terms of Royal activities and the obvious push to preserve certain spaces for certain types of approved groups, I think you should always keep in mind, that when people are pushed into a corner, there comes a point when they have nowhere else to go, but force their way out of it, despite the arrows continuously coming over the hill towards them. The UK people have limited room in that metaphorical corner, so be aware.
As followers of the SGUK podcast community are aware, I do not make podcasts based on day to day trivia. As important as that is, having it repeated several times a day, and week and month in a variety of media choices, only serves to try and bombard the UK people with information such that it brings out negative opinions about the subject matter.
I, however, take a stand back and I look for patterns both in terms of the content of the so called news being reported, and by whom. The old adage ‘follow the money’ is very apt in most cases, and definitely leads one down different avenues and trains of thought than that published in the litter tray liners, masquerading as news. The fact that the televised ‘news’ media regurgitate this so called information, almost word for word, and certainly use same or similar phrases, indicates to anyone with logic that this is not accidental, and is very much a co-ordinated effort to achieve an unspecified result, that increasing numbers are beginning to recognise.
In a recent evaluation of all the podcasts done in the first year of SGUK, themes emerged and a report produced giving percentages. For this podcast, there is no need for me to go into percentages, the group topics and themes are the most important aspect here. This podcast is centred around those themes. It lists the podcasts that covered those themes. The podcast will cite examples of what part the ‘establishment’ played in the content of those themes, and the conclusions that emerged for each podcast and the theme concerned.
This podcast will give examples how members of the establishment reacted, and in particular the British Royal Family – not least because this is increasingly impacting on the global stage and their opinions of the changing face of the UK, or to some of us, the real face of the UK (in small but vocal groups with members in powerful places) is now emerging. I suggest that the establishment’s behaviour on a number of factors, has led to a wider number of people in the UK to feel confident to do and say certain things, as their government ministers clearly use similar phrases when speaking about certain members of the population. We even have government reports published and made available for everyone to see where the government stands now, and its general direction of travel. The isolationist approach is abundantly clear. If a nation decided it can do everything on its own, a basic amount of research would inform whether or not such an approach would have a negative impact on the UK economy and reputation in the world. Considering the speed at which the UK is falling down most measurable factors (that interest the UK population and its global partners or former partners) it is safe to say that the UK post Brexit 2016 is dipping its toes in the toxic slurry that has emerged, and it wont be long before we are drowning in it. The condition of those who survive that dunking by their establishment figures, will be weary and looking for answers and remedies.
Alongside these Themes that emerged, and the title of the podcasts that come under each of these themes, I have given examples of how those establishment groups have reacted or commented on the topics raised in the Theme (via their media pals), and in particular, the reaction of the BRF through its associates in the UK tabloid media.
The third element in this discussion is the inclusion of a series of quotes, by a very eminent individual. Quotes based over many decades of interviews – televised and printed, together with an array of highly respected successful books. The highly respected academic and author in question is James Baldwin. When you see these quotes and the year in which they were made, we should all ask ourselves, how much, if anything, has changed?
Like all SGUK podcasts the accompanying article will have a Conclusion of its own. At the heart of our podcasts, are the reaction and activities sanctioned and/or delivered by the UK against The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Princess Meghan in particular. I will use that name from now on, because it seems since Tyler Perry used it on social media, the UK Royalists (I say Royalists, but they are not, they are Princess Meghan haters) the UK Royal support base has once again shamed itself on the global stage. Meghan is a Princess via her marriage to Prince Harry, and because so many of you are making your empty heads spin over that fact, it is something that you should all sit down, touch some grass, and re-evaluate your priorities in life. What has been happening to Princess Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, and also Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, all because he married a woman of colour, has revealed the dark underbelly of the UK. The result of this is that every person of colour anywhere, not just the UK is affected in way by these actions and this behaviour since 2016. Every poison arrow sent to harm this couple, particularly Princess Meghan, is an arrow that lands in the heart of people of colour everywhere, and all other hues of the population where they have common sense and ethics and values. So think on, every deed against the Sussexes is a deed against global sectors of the population.
Just like I stated at the beginning of this podcast, when those societal groups operate alone, they are less powerful, but when they all come together, they are more powerful. Well, think of a global magnitude of people who feel disenfranchised, and considered less than, and hurt by those acts of wickedness perpetrated against The Sussexes, imagine how we all feel. Imagine all those suffering at the hands of the powerful, but who do not have a voice. Imagine all those whose Human Rights are being violated on a regular basis and who can see no way out. Imagine how it looks to see a member of the Royal family in the UK behave int his way towards a POC who entered the family by marriage and who was abused on UK soil for 3 years, and continues to be by UK representatives on USA soil now. All those voices of the unheard need to be heard, and the situation of The Sussexes and deliberate attempts to create a 2nd Princess Diana occurrence is palpable. Now there is a global support network formed to speak up about the abuses of the Sussex family, and in doing so, bring awareness about the modern ways in which abuse is conducted across borders as well as the well known methods, and is being ignored because the abusers are powerful and wealthy. To use a similar analogy regarding small groups coming together to support a cause, the global support network (and I know you know who I am referring to – UK media have tried various names over the last 6 years, but they now at least realise it is a network of telephone number proportions, with a skillset and life experiences that are not like any other support network) are like drops of water in various locations, but combined we form an ocean.
Lets Look at the Themes that emerged
- Herd Mentality – Are We Being Programmed?
- UK BRF – Government Propaganda Failing
- Who Will Be the Next Whipping Boy/Girl?
- The Psychology of Resentment
- You Do Not Know What You Have Until it’s Gone
- Collective Narcicissm
- That Ship Sailed Bro
- Welcome to the Royal Hunger Games
BRF/UK Media Response
Royal Reporters openly have regular dialogue with hate account owners. Hate account owners are happy to show these conversations with said media people. Royal Reporters and the Carnival of Clowns out there who profess to be experts, have burner accounts, and again follow and have dialogue with some of the large well known hate accounts. So many of them now are so easily identifiable, that it is amusing for them to regularly produce receipts of their activity. The patterns and style is not hard to fathom. It has been stated in SGUK podcasts about the resources including funding which is clearly behind the single purpose hate accounts set up, and I mean beyond the ones who openly post about their recruitment tasks and how to swarm platforms with posts etc. I am referring here to the real powerful people who are behind this drive. Monarchy and media giants actually involving themselves in such activity is one of those scandals which will come to light one day, but for now, lets just focus on the fact that UK Media make it obvious about their links with hare accounts, and are on telephone conversation basis too. Sure they are hiding behind their clown (press) badge as an excuse, but many beg to differ.
James Baldwin Quotes
- “The only thing that white people have that black people need, or should want, is power-and no one holds power forever.”
- “Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity.”
- “I love a few people, and they love me, and some of them are white, and isn’t love more important than color?”
- “What one does realize is that when you try to stand up and look the world in the face like you had a right to be here, without knowing that …
- “From my point of view, no label, no slogan, no party, no skin color, and indeed no religion is more important than the human being.”
- To be a negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time.
James Baldwin Video footage:-
Who Is the Nxxxer Here It’s a question Baldwin powerfully and succinctly answers in this interview from the 1963 documentary “Take This Hammer.”
How Systemic Racism works In this clip from a 1968 episode of “The Dick Cavett Show,” Baldwin deftly explains the realities of racism in America: “I don’t know what most white people in this country feel, but I can only include what they feel from the state of their institutions.”
On a Black President. In a 1965 debate with William F. Buckley at Cambridge University, Baldwin shares his vision on the prospect of a black president as suggested by Robert Kennedy (40 years before the election of Barack Obama).
“From the point of view of the man in the Harlem barber shop, Bobby Kennedy only got here yesterday and now he is already on his way to the Presidency,” Baldwin says.
“We were here for 400 years and now he tells us that maybe in 40 years, if you are good, we may let you become President.”
“Our dehumanization of the Negro then is indivisible from our dehumanization of ourselves; the loss of our own identity is the price we pay for our annulment of his.”
― James Baldwin
- Let Go of Toxic People in Your Life
- Stages of Leaving an Abusive Relationship
- The Psychology of Resentment
- The Lost Souls of Windsor
- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
- The Psychology of Jealousy and Hate
- The Psychology of Family/Groups
BRF/UK Media Response
- Never admit that anyone within the BRF has any mental health issues. Royal HR openly admitted that it would look bad on the BRF if it was known that Princess Meghan was seeking help.
- Help the BRF refused to give.
- Ignored the information about Suicidal ideation, but seemed more than comfortable to have discussions with RRs to discuss the state of health, and UK media increased their onslaught on to Meghan, rather than stop or at least reduce their cruel reports and activities.
- Seemingly a death by suicide in the Royal family was an acceptable risk, not least because the BRF and RR work hand in glove, and we can all imagine the reporting content, which would leave both BRF and UK Media in the clear.
- Now that all that information is now in the global public domain, the hunter has had to change their approach to how they now wound rather than terminate their prey. Activity has shifted to trying to defame and just in case that does not work (as it hasn’t so far) then the idea is to target businesses who have , who are, or who are likely to want to work the Archewell Foundation.
- The ultimate goal is to remove The Sussexes from peoples consciousness. Their mistake is to think that this could happen, and that somehow the whole global audience would turn all their attention to the BRF to the same degree?
- Do they think that all the good impactful deeds in such a short period, would be erased from the global audience minds?
- Do you not think that the BRF and UK Media would be mortally harmed reputational wise, and any thought that they could ride the wave of suspicions about the huge part that BRF and UK Media had to play in the activities of The Sussexes since 2016 is naïve and arrogant.
- The eyes of the world is watching now, and any activity done with the intent to cause harm to life or business wont fly this time, no matter the content of any fairy tales in UK media.
- A quote from Prince Harry that I think is very applicable to remind people is this:- “Mental illness is nothing to shame or hide — it affects all of us.” – Prince Harry
James Baldwin Quotes
- A Nation which Creates the News As Opposed to reporting the news has a Failing Economy
- The Business of Royal Propaganda
- Which Members of the Royal Family are Publicly Funded?
- When the Service Model Becomes Obsolete
- Being Royal and Being Philanthropic
- Welcome to the Windsor Twilight Zone
- Your Workforce Plan is All Wrong
- Private and Royal Patronages
Never seen any report or article that has ever indicated that they care or feel the need to provide value for money. It is the inherent belief that the Monarchy is adored no matter what.
SGUK quote from a podcast
Like I said, all of you need to agree on the direction of travel to Royal life, not just the journey to deliver The Queen’s speech. The impression that I personally get about the way Prince Harry is treated is anger but mainly jealousy, because dressing like him and trying to do the same things, and appear in the same spaces in the future, will not work. You are not him and your wife is not Meghan. All of you find your own identity and work to improve it by actions. The multitude of saviours who are identified from month to month in UK Royalty feels like you think you are all Marvel characters. None of the saviours have even looked or sounded convincing about presenting themselves correctly to the public, let alone saving the Monarchy. Start to be realistic in your ambitions and activities and build slowly, otherwise they will be more lost Commonwealth countries, and unfavourable trade deals placed in front of the UK, because the nations trading, know that the options have drastically reduced since the UK is ploughing its own furrow.
Britain is no longer Great but there is a slight chance it could move in that direction again, but it requires a sense of realism not bluster.
- Reporting on the Sussexes in the UK – Misinformation and Disinformation
- It’s A Royal Knockout
- International Bill of Rights
- Meghan – Working Royal or Slave?
- Human Rights Protection Under the Law
- International Call to Action – Human Rights Breaches in Plain Sight
- I have A Dream
- Who Do Narcissistic Men Target?
- The Psychology of Family/Groups
- Coercive Control Across Borders
- UK Media Obsession – Stalking & Harassment
- Blurred Lines Between Monarchy and Government
BRF/UK Media Outcomes of their Actions
UK have never admitted to breaking any laws, in their conduct with their chosen chew toy/victim, and even where lives have been lost, they ensure that articles are written with enough propaganda (they think) to paint a picture of everyone else to blame but themselves. The usual pattern is to blame the deceased or the targets who are still alive, of their own behaviour being the cause of of the outcome. Where a target has lost their life by whatever cause, the usual pattern of the media in the UK is to erase articles written in the months leading up to the demise, as if they are doing a last bit of housekeeping to hide their behaviour from visitors to the media sites, to find out more about the victim not least because most of those new visitors do not reside in the UK, or if they do, took very little notice of the person who has lost their life, or who is suffering trauma as a direct result of the treatment at the hand of the press, and in at least one case, where the member of the public won their court case, great efforts were taken to reword some of the articles left on view. In the case of Caroline, one example of UK media personnel working in the early hours and within 24 hours of one person who took her own life, as she had reached breaking point with the UK tabloid press, removing evidence of an electronic birthday card sent on the day the person eventually took her own life later on that same day. The e card contained the most disgusting blood thirsty imagery and the items shown on this card, were items that were mentioned in many articles beforehand, and referred to physical altercations within that property and an item that was apparently thrown in the middle of an argument, which caused injury to the person on the receiving end. This sick e card contained an image of the said object, and graphics of blood splashes and a sick rider headline targetted at the soon to be deceased. Upon the news being released that the tv personality took her own life later that day, that sick card was removed and many articles reworded or removed from view altogether. That same reporter involved is still employed and has gone on to more senior roles in the industry. That is what UK media has sunk to over the years, and they just move on from the loss or trauma caused to their targets and move on to find another, all with the intent of creating clickbait engagement for coins.
James Baldwin Quotes
“Ask any Mexican, any Puerto Rican, any black man, any poor person – ask the wretched how they fare in the halls of justice, and then you will know, not whether or not the country is just, but whether or not it has any love for justice, or any concept of it.
It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.”
“If one really wishes to know how justice is administered in a country, one does not question the policemen, the lawyers, the judges, or the protected members of the middle class. One goes to the unprotected – those, precisely, who need the law’s protection most! – and listens to their testimony.”
― James Baldwin
“The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”
– James Baldwin
“The real victim of bigotry is the white man who hides his weakness under his myth of superiority.”
– James Baldwin
“Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced.“
― James Baldwin
“The white man discovered the Cross by way of the Bible, but the black man discovered the Bible by way of the Cross.”
― James Baldwin
“If one cannot risk oneself, then one is simply incapable of giving. And, after all, one can give freedom only by setting someone free.”
― James Baldwin
“Not only was I not born to be a slave; I was not born to hope to become the equal of the slave master.”
— James Baldwin
“From my point of view, no label, no slogan, no party, no skin color, and indeed no religion is more important than the human being.”
- The Dukes of Sussex
- Queen Charlotte, Princess Diana, Doria Ragland – Family Lines Impacted BRF Through the Ages
- Exploring the Existence of Black Tudors
- Black Tudors – USA Black History Month 2022
- Let’s Talk About Reparations – 3 part Series
- 1000+ years of UK Monarchy
- Response From a Freed Slave to Former Master’s Letter
- California Princess to UK Cinderella to Global Princess
The Firm and Associates underestimated both Meghan and Harry big time, and still convince themselves that the middle section of the title of this podcast ( ie California Princess to UK Cinderella to Global Princess) is the be all and end of all of everyone’s aspirations, and they are still mortally wounded by the fact that the Sussexes walked away from this dysfunctional failing institution, and are thriving outside of the toxic environment that UK media would have you believe is the pinnacle of life’s journey, when in reality, with each passing day, it is clear that it is the weakest link in the 3 categories, and contains people who are inherently poorly educated, no meaningful accomplishments and go through life with a sense of entitlement to their every wish and whim. Every act of cruelty and fake critique of every action of the Sussexes, Meghan in particular, is eroding what little time the Firm has left.
James Baldwin Quotes on History
On disrespect: “People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.”
SGUK Additional Note
In a news item this morning, there was a report on a different subject, but the newscaster posed a question, and gave two examples which illustrated his point. The newscaster/presenter posed a question on LBC which was: “ Why are this lot trying to make enemies of our neighbours? It was a news item about Brexit and the handling of white refugees and black refugees. The white ones being housed in the UK and the government giving people who have offered up room/s for them a monthly payment. The white ones have an online visa application process. The black nations have not been offered this facility, hence the desperation to escape from war zones and arrive in all manner of small boats to the UK shoreline, and the answer is to fly them to Rwanda to be ‘processed’.
The question resonated with me, because one could ask the same question about the industry of hate contrived to home in on an individual, with zero concern for risk to health and well being, or even loss of life. It would not be the first person to lose their life after entanglement with certain UK professions, in this analogy I am referring to UK media, which illustrates hunting their prey is the money making activity, and if the prey dies, they simply find another target. The last Royal ‘prey’ was Princess Diana. The Royal prey is Princess Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex and her husband, because he dared to walk away from The Firm, and support and protect his wife and children. For that he is considered a traitor by too many people to feel comfortable with their level of intellect and understanding and logic.
One final point on this, is that no matter what the Sussexes do or not do, the transfer of their success and popularity will never move to the BRF. You have the base that you were confident would always be there, and support you no matter what. So go and do things that benefit the UK, as a starting point. Right now, since the Sussexes have moved to another continent, public funds are being used to hunt and destroy The Sussexes via vanity projects. It just seems like those in line for the throne, are just sitting around plotting against each other, giving away each others secrets in a drip drip approach, and cannot wait to sit on the throne and be adored by a few people on an island that most people outside of it care even less about now than they did, because of the very actions and practices used against the Sussexes. You will reap what you sow.
Take note of the Key Themes that emerged from the first year of SGUK podcasts, and feedback from the many countries who interact with the channel have provided strong evidence. SGUK has never been and will not be distracted with the daily fluff pieces aimed at getting a reaction. Apart from the obvious desperation that is on display by UK Media, the SGUK community is well versed on propaganda techniques, and the historical data and research papers are there for all to see. We are not swayed by the jackanory titles, and as one of the RR crew quite happily publicly posted a response to a well known QC expressing concern about the racist tones of UK media reporting when it comes to the Sussexes, the response admitted that “yes there were indeed racist tones in the articles” but that “racist tones are not against the law.” That post speaks volumes and is a useful receipt to have, and is of interest to many as it shows the approach used when dealing with the Sussexes, which the global support network have known since 2016, and in the lead up to the wedding that you all did not want to see take place, and then all minds were lost on 8th January 2020, when your chew toys decided not to be part of that game anymore.
As a UK taxpayer, I do not consider the BRF to give VFM. I am not a supporter of Monarchy structure anyway, but there are some out there, at least trying to improve. The BRF only seem concerned now that the spotlight that they craved is on them and that they have lost their favourite Prince, who despite all the hurdles placed in their way by BRF are very successful and moving onto additional areas of activity. The BRF have been found wanting, and exposed and now look like headless chickens caught in the headlights. The RRs spend most of their time researching, spying, being involved or trying to be involved in Sussex business, which is a huge statement to the world, that the family who they are employed to support and push forward as the best thing for the UK, does not hold their interest, and does not earn them even a small percentage of what they earn from Sussex 4th hand crumbs. When it comes to VFM, I would say that both the BRF and UK Media RRs are not necessary, and certainly not in the numbers employed now. If the Monarchy you are meant to write about, does not garner enough interest to keep you all occupied each day, that is not a positive image or message to put out there and does not bode well for the type and volume of support for the net two heirs lined up to carry on with this gravy train. As things stand it is even a possibility that there will be no Monarch after Charles, (if he makes it) and I very much doubt the Cambridge children have a Monarchy in which they are tied and shackled to its confines.
SGUK is looking forward to what our second year brings. It would be a positive outlook if all groups just stayed in their lane, and ceased to interfere in matters of no importance to anyone in the UK. Focus on the dire circumstances of people in the UK in the coming months, and focus on what value your Monarchy and its press and the others in the societal groups mentioned at the beginning, can do for the UK. It is clear that there is one Rule for those held in favour in UK Royal circles and a different one applied to The Sussexes. That approach will ensure that the UK continues to sink further into the toxic waste it has created. It is also not a good idea to continue a USA family simply for existing; a family you wanted to leave, and they have done so. I know you did not expect Prince Harry to go too, but he is not like most of the Royal men in the UK. He loves his wife and children, and the constant danger the UK puts them in daily is mind blowing, but as a non legal person, I cannot see that situation allowed to run freely for years to come.
James Baldwin Quotes: Conclusion quotes relating to this podcast as a whole
James Baldwin, 1963. Courtesy: CSU Archives/Everett Collection
By Liz Kaufman
James Baldwin was one of America’s greatest thinkers and writers on the subject of race. What would he have thought about present-day protests against police brutality and for racial equity? We can glean much about his thoughts from his rich legacy of writing and recorded interviews. Here are some quotes from James Baldwin, most from over half a century ago, that are particularly resonant today:
–From “The Fire Next Time,” 1963: “You were born where you were born and faced the future that you faced because you were Black and for no other reason. The limits of your ambition were, thus, expected to be set forever. You were born into a society which spelled out with brutal clarity, and in as many ways as possible, that you were a worthless human being. You were not expected to aspire to excellence: you were expected to make peace with mediocrity.”
–Chair of Princeton’s Department of African American Studies and author of “Begin Again: James Baldwin’s America and Its Urgent Lessons for Our Own,” Eddie Glaude quoting Baldwin in 1980: “What we are dealing with really is that for Black people in this country there is no legal code at all. We’re still governed, if that is the word I want, by the slave code.”
“We know that a man is not a thing and is not to be placed at the mercy of things. We know that air and water belong to all mankind and not merely to industrialists. We know that a baby does not come into the world merely to be the instrument of someone else’s profit. We know that democracy does not mean the coercion of all into a deadly — and, finally, wicked — mediocrity but the liberty for all to aspire to the best that is in him, or that has ever been.” — from “An Open Letter to My Sister, Miss Angela Davis,” published November 19, 1970 in The New York Times Review of Books
Think of RRs and at least one member of the Royal Family in particular, our much loved Princess Diana.
“People don’t have any mercy. They tear you limb from limb, in the name of love. Then, when you’re dead, when they’ve killed you by what they made you go through, they say you didn’t have any character. They weep big, bitter tears — not for you. For themselves, because they’ve lost their toy.” — from Another Country
“The reason people think it’s important to be white is that they think it’s important not to be black”
–Dick Cavett interview, 1969: “If any white man in the world says give me liberty or give me death, the entire white world applauds. When a black man says exactly the same thing – word for word – he is judged a criminal and treated like one, and everything possible is done to make an example of this bad nigger so there won’t be any more like him”.
–Dick Cavett interview, 1969: “(The police) are a very real menace to every black cat alive in this country. And no matter how many people say, ‘You’re being paranoid when you talk about police brutality’ – I know what I’m talking about. I survived those streets and those precinct basements and I know. And I’ll tell you this – I know what it was like when I was really helpless, how many beatings I got. And I know what happens now because I’m not really helpless. But I know, too, that if he (police) don’t know that this is Jimmy Baldwin and not just some other nigger he’s gonna blow my head off just like he blows off everybody else’s head. It could happen to my mother in the morning, to my sister, to my brother… For me this has always been a violent country – it has never been a democracy.”
–From “Florida Forum” on WCKT-Miami in 1963, answering the question on whether the racial conflict in Alabama and Mississippi could happen in Florida: “The situation in Alabama and Mississippi which is spectacular and surprises the country is nationwide. Not only could it happen in Florida, it could happen in New York or Chicago, Detroit or anywhere there’s a significant Negro population. Because until today, all the Negroes in this country in one way or another, in different fashions, North and South, are kept in what is, in effect, prison. In the North, one lives in ghettos and in the South, the situation is so intolerable as to become sinister not only for Mississippi or Alabama or Florida but for the whole future of this country.”
–Nearing the end of his life in the mid-1980s, Baldwin’s patience had run out. The anger he had channeled into his writing could no longer be quelled. He expressed his outrage and frustration in these words from an interview in the documentary film James Baldwin: The Price of the Ticket: “What is it you want me to reconcile myself to? . . You always told me it takes time. It has taken my father’s time, my mother’s time, my uncle’s time, my brothers’ and my sisters’ time, my nieces’ and my nephews’ time. How much time do you want for your ‘progress’?”
“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” — from The Fire Next Time
“[I]t’s no credit to this enormously rich country that there are more oppressive, less decent governments elsewhere. We claim superiority of our institutions. We ought to live up to our own standards, not use misery elsewhere as an endless source of self-gratification and justification.” — from a New York Times interview with Robert Coles, printed July 31, 1977
108 quotes on Freedom and Justice
- THE POINT IS TO GET YOUR WORK DONE, AND YOUR WORK IS TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
- YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHO YOU ARE AND FORCE THE WORLD TO DEAL WITH YOU, NOT WITH ITS IDEA OF YOU.
- WHEN A DARK FACE OPENS, LIGHT SEEMS TO GO EVERYWHERE.
- THERE ARE TOO MANY THINGS WE DO NOT WISH TO KNOW ABOUT OURSELVES.
- PERHAPS HOME IS NOT A PLACE BUT SIMPLY AN IRREVOCABLE CONDITION.
- THE WORLD IS BEFORE YOU AND YOU NEED NOT TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT AS IT WAS WHEN YOU CAME IN.
- YOU DON’T REALIZE THAT YOU’RE INTELLIGENT UNTIL IT GETS YOU INTO TROUBLE.
- PEOPLE PAY FOR WHAT THEY DO, AND STILL MORE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE ALLOWED THEMSELVES TO BECOME. AND THEY PAY FOR IT VERY SIMPLY; BY THE LIVES THEY LEAD.
- TO BE A NEGRO IN THIS COUNTRY AND TO BE RELATIVELY CONSCIOUS IS TO BE IN A RAGE ALMOST ALL THE TIME.
- IF THE WORD ‘INTEGRATION’ MEANS ANYTHING, THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS THAT WE, WITH LOVE, SHALL FORCE OUR BROTHERS TO SEE THEMSELVES AS THEY ARE, TO CEASE FLEEING FROM REALITY AND BEGIN TO CHANGE IT.
- THE PARADOX OF EDUCATION IS PRECISELY THIS—THAT AS ONE BEGINS TO BECOME CONSCIOUS ONE BEGINS TO EXAMINE THE SOCIETY IN WHICH HE IS BEING EDUCATED.
- THE ONLY THING THAT WHITE PEOPLE HAVE THAT BLACK PEOPLE NEED, OR SHOULD WANT, IS POWER-AND NO ONE HOLDS POWER FOREVER.
- THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS OF BEING DESPICABLE IT QUITE MAKES ONE’S HEAD SPIN. BUT THE WAY TO BE REALLY DESPICABLE IS TO BE CONTEMPTUOUS OF OTHER PEOPLE’S PAIN.
- ONE CAN GIVE NOTHING WHATEVER WITHOUT GIVING ONESELF – THAT IS TO SAY, RISKING ONESELF. IF ONE CANNOT RISK ONESELF, THEN ONE IS SIMPLY INCAPABLE OF GIVING.
- PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER THAT WHAT THEY BELIEVE, AS WELL AS WHAT THEY DO AND CAUSE YOU TO ENDURE DOES NOT TESTIFY TO YOUR INFERIORITY BUT TO THEIR INHUMANITY.
- LOVE TAKES OFF THE MASKS THAT WE FEAR WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT AND KNOW WE CANNOT LIVE WITHIN.
- YOU WRITE IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE WORLD … IF YOU ALTER, EVEN BY A MILLIMETER, THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT REALITY, THEN YOU CAN CHANGE IT.
- PEOPLE ARE FULL OF SURPRISE, EVEN FOR THEMSELVES, IF THEY HAVE BEEN STIRRED ENOUGH.
- THE PURPOSE OF EDUCATION…IS TO CREATE IN A PERSON THE ABILITY TO LOOK AT THE WORLD FOR HIMSELF, TO MAKE HIS OWN DECISIONS.
- YOU THINK YOUR PAIN AND YOUR HEARTBREAK ARE UNPRECEDENTED IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, BUT THEN YOU READ.
- THE VICTIM WHO IS ABLE TO ARTICULATE THE SITUATION OF THE VICTIM HAS CEASED TO BE A VICTIM: HE OR SHE HAS BECOME A THREAT.
- IF THE CONCEPT OF GOD HAS ANY VALIDITY OR ANY USE, IT CAN ONLY BE TO MAKE US LARGER, FREER, AND MORE LOVING. IF GOD CANNOT DO THIS, THEN IT IS TIME WE GOT RID OF HIM.
- CHILDREN HAVE NEVER BEEN VERY GOOD AT LISTENING TO THEIR ELDERS, BUT THEY HAVE NEVER FAILED TO IMITATE THEM.
- YOU CAN NOT DESCRIBE ANYTHING WITHOUT BETRAYING YOUR POINT OF VIEW, YOUR ASPIRATIONS, YOUR FEARS, YOUR HOPES. EVE
- A LIBERAL: SOMEONE WHO THINKS HE KNOWS MORE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THAN Y
- THE PRICE ONE PAYS FOR PURSUING ANY PROFESSION, OR CALLING, IS AN INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF ITS UGLY SIDE.
- WE SHOULD CERTAINLY KNOW BY NOW THAT IT IS ONE THING TO OVERTHROW A DICTATOR OR REPEL AN INVADER AND QUITE ANOTHER THING REALLY TO ACHIEVE A REVOLUTION. TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN, THE PEOPLE DISCOVER THAT THEY HAVE MERELY BETRAYED THEMSELVES INTO THE HANDS OF YET ANOTHER PHARAOH, WHO, SINCE HE WAS NECESSARY TO PUT THE BROKEN COUNTRY TOGETHER, WILL NOT LET THEM GO
- THE MOST DANGEROUS CREATION OF ANY SOCIETY IS THE MAN WHO HAS NOTHING TO LOSE.
- TO BE SENSUAL, I THINK, IS TO RESPECT AND REJOICE IN THE FORCE OF LIFE, OF LIFE ITSELF, AND TO BE PRESENT IN ALL THAT ONE DOES, FROM THE EFFORT OF LOVING TO THE MAKING OF BREAD
- OUR CROWN HAS ALREADY BEEN BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WEAR IT.
- DRIVE TO THE HEART OF EVERY ANSWER AND EXPOSE THE QUESTION THE ANSWER HIDES.
- ANY REAL CHANGE IMPLIES THE BREAKUP OF THE WORLD AS ONE HAS ALWAYS KNOWN IT, THE LOSS OF ALL THAT GAVE ONE AN IDENTITY, THE END OF SAFETY.
- ANYONE WHO HAS STRUGGLED WITH POVERTY KNOWS HOW EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE IT IS TO BE POOR.
- PEOPLE CAN CRY MUCH EASIER THAN THEY CAN CHANGE.
- TO ACCEPT ONE’S PAST – ONE’S HISTORY – IS NOT THE SAME THING AS DROWNING IN IT; IT IS LEARNING HOW TO USE IT.
- NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS FACED CAN BE CHANGED, BUT NOTHING CAN BE CHANGED UNTIL IT IS FACED.
- I CAN’T BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY, BECAUSE I SEE WHAT YOU DO.
- PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED IN HISTORY AND HISTORY IS TRAPPED IN THEM.
- THE PERSON WHO DISTRUSTS HIMSELF HAS NO TOUCHSTONE FOR REALITY—FOR THIS TOUCHSTONE CAN BE ONLY ONESELF.
- WHEN YOU’RE WRITING YOU’RE TRYING TO FIND OUT SOMETHING WHICH YOU DON’T KNOW.
- ANYONE WHO HAS EVER STRUGGLED WITH POVERTY KNOWS HOW EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE IT IS TO BE POOR.
- I LOVE AMERICA MORE THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, AND, EXACTLY FOR THIS REASON, I INSIST ON THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE HER PERPETUALLY.
- I AM WHAT TIME, CIRCUMSTANCE, HISTORY, HAVE MADE OF ME, CERTAINLY, BUT I AM ALSO SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. SO ARE WE ALL.
- THE CHALLENGE IS IN THE MOMENT; THE TIME IS ALWAYS NOW.
- I THINK THAT THE INABILITY TO LOVE IS THE CENTRAL PROBLEM, BECAUSE THAT INABILITY MASKS A CERTAIN TERROR, AND THAT TERROR IS THE TERROR OF BEING TOUCHED. AND IF YOU CAN’T BE TOUCHED, YOU CAN’T BE CHANGED. AND IF YOU CAN’T BE CHANGED, YOU CAN’T BE ALIVE.
- I THINK PEOPLE OUGHT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO, WHAT ELSE ARE THEY ALIVE FOR?
- THE MOMENT WE BREAK FAITH WITH ONE ANOTHER, THE SEA ENGULFS US AND THE LIGHT GOES OUT.
- NOBODY IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN HE WHO IMAGINES HIMSELF PURE IN HEART; FOR HIS PURITY, BY DEFINITION, IS UNASSAILABLE.
- EVERYTHING IN LIFE DEPENDS ON HOW THAT LIFE ACCEPTS ITS LIMITS.
- THE DETERMINATION TO OUTWIT ONE’S SITUATION MEANS THAT ONE HAS NO MODELS, ONLY OBJECT LESSONS.
- LOVE HIM AND LET HIM LOVE YOU. DO YOU THINK ANYTHING ELSE UNDER HEAVEN REALLY MATTERS?
- ONE MUST SAY YES TO LIFE AND EMBRACE IT WHEREVER IT IS FOUND—AND IT IS FOUND IN TERRIBLE PLACES; NEVERTHELESS, THERE IT IS.
- THE WORLD’S DEFINITIONS ARE ONE THING AND THE LIFE ONE ACTUALLY LIVES IS QUITE ANOTHER. ONE CANNOT ALLOW ONESELF, NOR ONE’S FAMILY, FRIENDS, OR LOVERS – TO SAY NOTHING OF ONE’S CHILDREN – TO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE WORLD’S DEFINITIONS: ONE MUST FIND A WAY, PERPETUALLY, TO BE STRONGER AND BETTER THAN THAT.
- IN ORDER TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE YOU MUST REVEAL YOURSELF.
- I OFTEN WONDER WHAT I’D DO IF THERE WEREN’T ANY BOOKS IN THE WORLD.
- BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SET YOUR HEART UPON – FOR IT WILL SURELY BE YRS.
- THE DETAILS AND SYMBOLS OF YOUR LIFE HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY CONSTRUCTED TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE WHAT WHITE PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU.
- TRUST LIFE, AND IT WILL TEACH YOU, IN JOY AND SORROW, ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- THE GREAT FORCE OF HISTORY COMES FROM THE FACT THAT WE CARRY IT WITHIN US, ARE UNCONSCIOUSLY CONTROLLED BY IT IN MANY WAYS, AND HISTORY IS LITERALLY PRESENT IN ALL THAT WE DO.
- LOVE DOES NOT BEGIN AND END THE WAY WE SEEM TO THINK IT DOES. LOVE IS A BATTLE, LOVE IS A WAR; LOVE IS A GROWING UP.
- A CHILD CANNOT BE TAUGHT BY ANYONE WHO DESPISES HIM, AND A CHILD CANNOT AFFORD TO BE FOOLED.
- LIFE IS TRAGIC SIMPLY BECAUSE THE EARTH TURNS AND THE SUN INEXORABLY RISES AND SETS, AND ONE DAY, FOR EACH OF US, THE SUN WILL GO DOWN FOR THE LAST, LAST TIME.
- THIS IS THE ONLY REAL CONCERN OF THE ARTIST, TO RECREATE OUT OF THE DISORDER OF LIFE THAT ORDER WHICH IS ART.
- IT IS A TERRIBLE THING, SIMPLY, TO BE TRAPPED IN ONE’S HISTORY, AND ATTEMPT, IN THE SAME MOTION (AND IN THIS, OUR LIFE!) TO ACCEPT, DENY, REJECT, AND REDEEM IT–AND, ALSO, ON WHATEVER LEVEL, TO PROFIT FROM IT.
- NEITHER LOVE NOR TERROR MAKES ONE BLIND: INDIFFERENCE MAKES ONE BLIND.
- LOVE TAKES OFF MASKS THAT WE FEAR WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT AND KNOW WE CANNOT LIVE WITHIN.
- IF THE WORLD WASN’T SO FULL OF DEAD FOLKS MAYBE THOSE OF US THAT’S TRYING TO LIVE WOULDN’T HAVE TO SUFFER SO BAD.
- WHITE PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED IN A HISTORY THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND” AND “IGNORANCE ALLIED WITH POWER IS THE MOST FEROCIOUS ENEMY JUSTICE CAN HAVE.
- IT’S A MIRACLE TO REALIZE THAT SOMEBODY LOVES YOU.
- I KNOW THAT PEOPLE CAN BE BETTER THAN THEY ARE. WE ARE CAPABLE OF BEARING A GREAT BURDEN, ONCE WE DISCOVER THAT THE BURDEN IS REALITY AND ARRIVE WHERE REALITY IS
- CONFUSION IS A LUXURY WHICH ONLY THE VERY, VERY YOUNG CAN POSSIBLY AFFORD AND YOU ARE NOT THAT YOUNG ANYMORE.
- TO DEFEND ONESELF AGAINST A FEAR IS SIMPLY TO INSURE THAT ONE WILL, ONE DAY, BE CONQUERED BY IT; FEARS MUST BE FACED.
- PERHAPS HE IS A FOOL AND A COWARD BUT ALMOST EVERYBODY IS ONE OR THE OTHER AND MOST PEOPLE ARE BOTH.
- THE FACE OF A LOVER IS AN UNKNOWN, PRECISELY BECAUSE IT IS INVESTED WITH SO MUCH OF ONESELF. IT IS A MYSTERY, CONTAINING, LIKE ALL MYSTERIES, THE POSSIBILITY OF TORMENT.
- PEOPLE WHO SHUT THEIR EYES TO REALITY SIMPLY INVITE THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION.
- I LOVE A FEW PEOPLE AND THEY LOVE ME AND SOME OF THEM ARE WHITE, AND ISN’T LOVE MORE IMPORTANT THAN COLOR?
- PEOPLE EVOLVE A LANGUAGE IN ORDER TO DESCRIBE AND THUS CONTROL THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES, OR IN ORDER NOT TO BE SUBMERGED BY A REALITY THAT THEY CANNOT ARTICULATE.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHANGE THE SOCIETY IF YOU THINK YOURSELF AS AN EDUCATED PERSON.
- FOR HE WAS ONE OF THOSE POETS WHO ESCAPED THE TERRORS OF WRITING BY WRITING ALL THE TIME.
- THE ROLE OF THE ARTIST IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ROLE OF THE LOVER. IF I LOVE YOU, I HAVE TO MAKE YOU CONSCIOUS OF THE THINGS YOU DON’T SEE.
- NOTHING IS MORE UNBEARABLE, ONCE ONE HAS IT, THAN FREEDOM.
- BOOKS TAUGHT ME THAT THINGS THAT TORMENTED ME THE MOST WERE THE VERY THINGS THAT CONNECTED ME TO EVERYONE WHO IS ALIVE AND WHO HAD EVER BEEN ALIVE.
- IF YOU CANNOT LOVE ME, I WILL DIE. BEFORE YOU CAME I WANTED TO DIE, I HAVE TOLD YOU MANY TIMES. IT IS CRUEL TO HAVE MADE ME WANT TO LIVE ONLY TO MAKE MY DEATH MORE BLOODY.
- YOU CAN’T SEE YOURSELF ALL OVER. BUT I CAN. PART OF YOU IS HONEY, PART OF YOU IS COPPER, SOME OF YOU IS GOLD.
- I THINK YOU’VE GOT TO BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT THE LIFE YOU HAVE. OTHERWISE, THERE’S NO POSSIBILITY OF ACHIEVING THE LIFE YOU WANT.
- THE FUTURE IS LIKE HEAVEN – EVERYONE EXALTS IT BUT NO ONE WANTS TO GO THERE NOW.
- WE’RE ALL BASTARDS. THAT’S WHY WE NEED OUR FRIENDS.
- THE TROUBLE WITH A SECRET LIFE IS THAT IT IS VERY FREQUENTLY A SECRET FROM THE PERSON WHO LIVES IT AND NOT AT ALL A SECRET FOR THE PEOPLE HE ENCOUNTERS.
- PAINTERS HAVE OFTEN TAUGHT WRITERS HOW TO SEE.
- TO ACT IS TO BE COMMITTED, AND TO BE COMMITTED IS TO BE IN DANGER.
- AND LOVE WILL SIMPLY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GO INTO BATTLE WITH SPACE AND TIME, AND FURTHERMORE, TO WIN.
- ALL ART IS A KIND OF CONFESSION, MORE OR LESS OBLIQUE. ALL ARTISTS, IF THEY ARE TO SURVIVE, ARE FORCED, AT LAST, TO TELL THE WHOLE STORY; TO VOMIT THE ANGUISH UP.
- WHAT A GREAT DIFFERENCE THERE IS,’ SHE SAID, ‘BETWEEN DREAMING OF SOMETHING AND DEALING WITH IT!
- PEOPLE ALWAYS SEEM TO BAND TOGETHER IN ACCORDANCE TO A PRINCIPLE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOVE, A PRINCIPLE THAT RELEASES THEM FROM PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
- EVERYONE WISHES TO BE LOVED, BUT IN THE EVENT, NEARLY NO ONE CAN BEAR IT. EVERYONE DESIRES LOVE BUT ALSO FINDS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE THAT HE DESERVES IT.
- IF ONE IS CONTINUALLY SURVIVING THE WORST THAT LIFE CAN BRING, ONE EVENTUALLY CEASES TO BE CONTROLLED BY A FEAR OF WHAT LIFE CAN BRING; WHATEVER IT BRINGS MUST BE BORNE.
- NO PEOPLE COME INTO POSSESSION OF A CULTURE WITHOUT HAVING PAID A HEAVY PRICE FOR IT.
- THE UNIVERSE, WHICH IS NOT MERELY THE STARS AND THE MOON AND THE PLANETS, FLOWERS, GRASS AND TREES, BUT OTHER PEOPLE, HAS EVOLVED NO TERMS FOR YOUR EXISTENCE, HAS MADE NO ROOM FOR YOU, AND IF LOVE WILL NOT SWING WIDE THE GATES, NO OTHER POWER WILL OR CAN. AND IF ONE DESPAIRS– AS WHO HAS NOT?– OF HUMAN LOVE, GOD’S LOVE ALONE IS LEFT.
- BUT THE RELATIONSHIP OF MORALITY AND POWER IS A VERY SUBTLE ONE. BECAUSE ULTIMATELY POWER WITHOUT MORALITY IS NO LONGER POWER.
- GREAT ART CAN ONLY BE CREATED OUT OF LOVE.
- THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A WRITER IS TO EXCAVATE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PRODUCED HIM.
- FREEDOM IS NOT SOMETHING THAT ANYBODY CAN BE GIVEN. FREEDOM IS SOMETHING PEOPLE TAKE, AND PEOPLE ARE AS FREE AS THEY WANT TO BE.
- SOCIETIES NEVER KNOW IT, BUT THE WAR OF AN ARTIST WITH HIS SOCIETY IS A LOVER’S WAR, AND HE DOES, AT HIS BEST, WHAT LOVERS DO, WHICH IS TO REVEAL THE BELOVED TO HIMSELF AND, WITH THAT REVELATION, TO MAKE FREEDOM REAL.
- THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD FOR WHOM “COMING ALONG” IS A PERPETUAL PROCESS, PEOPLE WHO ARE DESTINED NEVER TO ARRIVE.
- IF YOU’RE TREATED A CERTAIN WAY YOU BECOME A CERTAIN KIND OF PERSON. IF CERTAIN THINGS ARE DESCRIBED TO YOU AS BEING REAL THEY’RE REAL FOR YOU WHETHER THEY’RE REAL OR NOT.
- A SOCIETY MUST ASSUME THAT IT IS STABLE, BUT THE ARTIST MUST KNOW, AND HE MUST LET US KNOW, THAT THERE IS NOTHING STABLE UNDER HEAVEN.
- AND EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT. I WAS WALKING THROUGH STREETS I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE. THE FACES AROUND ME, I HAD NEVER SEEN. WE MOVED IN SILENCE WHICH WAS MUSIC FROM EVERYWHERE.
- IF YOU’RE AFRAID TO DIE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE.
REFERENCE SOURCES SAMPLE
https://youtu.be/oFeoS41xe7w Addressing Cambridge University in full
https://youtu.be/NUBh9GqFU3A Addressing Cambridge University a shorter clip from the speech
https://youtu.be/ZjZBZxPk4Pc Civil Rights – a panel with Marlon Brando
https://youtu.be/3y6xwH88kpg I am Not Your Negro – Dick Cavett show